An event for the jet jockeys…
We have decided to try something new for the guys in the club that love to fly jets!
How it works:
Its takes a little time to get multiple birds in the air, form up, and start a pylon race. When you only have about 3 minute of battery on a ducted fan jet before you are prepping to land its not enough time to get 3-5 planes in the air, start the race, fly the pylons, and get everyone on the ground safely. So we have devised a plan to do time trials.
- From a dead stop, the jet begins its takeoff roll and we start the timer the instant you cross the mid field line.
- You fly three laps around two pylons 600′ apart.
- Every time you “Cut” or fly short of the pylon we add 1min to your time.
- After your third lap, we stop the time the instant you cross the mid field line.
- A successful landing on the runway without rolling into the grass (either on the side or off the end) results in 30 seconds subtracted from your time.
- We record your time and the fastest dude wins!